Thursday, January 1, 2009

Books of 2008 (well, ones I read in 2008) that were GREAT*!

Align Left*I chose to use the adjective great because it rhymes with eight. However, my very short list only includes the best books of the year. (This is also because I have the most pathetic of memories now--thank you pregnancies--, and I only remember books I still have in my possession.)

I Am the Messenger

Breaking Dawn

The Road

The Book Thief

Just an idea: Joe and I do not choose to keep the majority of books that we have read. Most we pass on to friends or donate to Goodwill. Missy, my friend and neighbor, came up with a great idea for those books. Create "lend or take" stickers. Put one in the front cover of the book with a short, personal review of the book and just leave it anywhere--in a McDonald's, on a park bench, at a museum. Worst thing that could happen--the book is thrown away. Best thing--someone picks it up, reads it, and continues the trend. What the heck? It's worth a try.

No comments: