Saturday, March 21, 2009

"What's Your Favorite Color?"

As a freshman at Ole Miss, I would walk past the back of the music building almost every morning. In the back of the music building, there was a daycare for professors' tiny children. Most of the time during this hour, the tiny children would be zooming around on their little tricycles in the parking lot and playing on their gated-in play equipment. One day a little kid was standing at the fence yelling in a sing-song chant, "What's your favorite color? What's your favorite color?" to all of the passing college kids. I could hear a lot of sweet answers of "Pink" or "Yellow. What's your favorite color?", etc. And then there was the guy in front of me on the sidewalk that snapped, "Black." It was very funny, but no one laughed.

My favorite color is brown. My bridesmaids, the best group of women ever, wore chocolate brown dresses, and looked fabulous. I think brown is such a calming color, so warm and rich. I love it. Before brown was my favorite color these were my favorites:

1st grade (first time I remember answering that question): aqua
5th grade: red
7th grade: purple
8th grade: gray
college: brown

One of the things we must work with Jack on is answering questions like what is your favorite color, food,... We have some time since I do know favorites change.

No comments: